Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vga monitor screen saver shutdown detect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
I want to setup a pc where the vga monitor shuts off if theres no activity for > 15 mins.
Nothing special about that, however I want to generate a logic change when this happens to signal a microcontroller.
How does a pc typically shutdown its monitor during screensave, does the sync & video just turn off, or does something funky happen like the pc's graphics card talks to the monitor via serial or something.
It wouldnt be too hard to put a simple rc and transistor circuit togther to detect missing vertical sync pulses.

The Sync turns off.
The monitor senses the loss of sync and (may) display "input signal failure" and shuts down.

Ok then shouldnt be so hard, I'll see if it'll work, might be lazy & use a 555.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back