VF control of a 3-phase induction motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushi

Hi y'all! i am currently working on my final year project as an electrical engineering student. I am in need of your help.
I want to design a variable speed drive for a 3-phase induction motor using V/F (variable voltage variable frequency) control technique.
Can anyone of you help with a sample code using Atmega32. the project is due in a week time. so far i have generated pulses using Atmega32 which control the ON/OFF period of the IGBT switches in the inverter. What is left is just varying their duty cycle to keep the V/F ratio constant

Thank you in advance

Could you please explain your purpose.
1. Is it just a software project?
2. Is it a real Variable Frequency/Variable Voltage drive with associated hardware?
3. Why the Atmega32, you would normally be looking at using a more capable chip with DSP/Floating point capabilities?

the project is due in a week time.

Thank you in advance

If this is more than just a rough design scheme, I don't think you or anyone could do it in a week. Can't believe they only give you a week to do a "final year project".

Hi Moffy! It is just a software project no hardware associated with it. I am using Atmega32 because it is the one i am familiar with considering that i am new at programming

Hi Short Bus!! Actually we weren't just given a week.. i am in the middle of the design, its just that i got stuck and i need help!

Hello Mushi
Here's a list of documents which could be useful

DRM115
AVR447 (could be ported to AVR32 easily as compared to others)

if you search my thread on this topic ,you will find a lot of useful discussion with learned members (like misterT) guiding me , and would like to mention that i have achieved this V/F control.

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…