Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VF control of a 3-phase induction motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushi

Hi y'all! i am currently working on my final year project as an electrical engineering student. I am in need of your help.
I want to design a variable speed drive for a 3-phase induction motor using V/F (variable voltage variable frequency) control technique.
Can anyone of you help with a sample code using Atmega32. the project is due in a week time. so far i have generated pulses using Atmega32 which control the ON/OFF period of the IGBT switches in the inverter. What is left is just varying their duty cycle to keep the V/F ratio constant

Thank you in advance

Could you please explain your purpose.
1. Is it just a software project?
2. Is it a real Variable Frequency/Variable Voltage drive with associated hardware?
3. Why the Atmega32, you would normally be looking at using a more capable chip with DSP/Floating point capabilities?

Welcome to ETO, Mushi!

Not an easy task.

https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00889b.pdf

Basics start on page 3 (note Fig. 5 on page 5, machine code (for the PIC16F7X7 devices, you'll have to convert for the AtMega32), on page 6.

The routine scales the PWM value from the table based on the frequency to keep VF constant.

Last edited:
Hi Moffy! It is just a software project no hardware associated with it. I am using Atmega32 because it is the one i am familiar with considering that i am new at programming

Hi Short Bus!! Actually we weren't just given a week.. i am in the middle of the design, its just that i got stuck and i need help! :banghead:

Hello Mushi
Here's a list of documents which could be useful

DRM115
AVR447 (could be ported to AVR32 easily as compared to others)

if you search my thread on this topic ,you will find a lot of useful discussion with learned members (like misterT) guiding me , and would like to mention that i have achieved this V/F control.

Hello Mushi
Here's a list of documents which could be useful

DRM115
AVR447 (could be ported to AVR32 easily as compared to others)

if you search my thread on this topic ,you will find a lot of useful discussion with learned members (like misterT) guiding me , and would like to mention that i have achieved this V/F control.
Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back