very simple amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

andynerd

I wanted to build a VERY simple amp that takes the music from the headphone plug and output it to 1W 8ohm speakers. Oh and i was planning on powering it with a 9v battery. I am to poor to buy any kind of IC so thats out of the question too.

Note: this is just a little something i am doing to wrap my mind around this for my main project
either:
1. a serial controled amp/synth controlled by a Game boy advance(had a spare one) with a home made rom

2. Or put an amp and a bunch of speakers in my backpack or something. Still thinking of a power supply but i was thinking of a home made one from the 6, 18v drill batteries I have but how would i charge them XD

Last edited:
still you need some transistors to buy if you want to make it discrete... but have in mind that things are diffucult using only a 9V battery, Hero999 did a nice proposal, but maybe Audioguru can help you build something totaly yours.

You can buy 11 transistors or more to make your own LM386 power amp or buy one for $.94US or less. Its output power is 0.45W into an 8 ohm speaker with a 9V supply.

Or you can buy many transistors to make one or buy a TDA7240A power amplifier IC for $2.84US. Its output is 14W into 4 ohms with a 13.8V supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…