Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

very simple amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

andynerd

I wanted to build a VERY simple amp that takes the music from the headphone plug and output it to 1W 8ohm speakers. Oh and i was planning on powering it with a 9v battery. I am to poor to buy any kind of IC so thats out of the question too.

Note: this is just a little something i am doing to wrap my mind around this for my main project
either:
1. a serial controled amp/synth controlled by a Game boy advance(had a spare one) with a home made rom

2. Or put an amp and a bunch of speakers in my backpack or something. Still thinking of a power supply but i was thinking of a home made one from the 6, 18v drill batteries I have but how would i charge them XD

Last edited:
Use two TDA7052 ICs and some AA cells rather than a 9V battery.

still you need some transistors to buy if you want to make it discrete... :rolleyes: but have in mind that things are diffucult using only a 9V battery, Hero999 did a nice proposal, but maybe Audioguru can help you build something totaly yours.

You can buy 11 transistors or more to make your own LM386 power amp or buy one for $.94US or less. Its output power is 0.45W into an 8 ohm speaker with a 9V supply.

Or you can buy many transistors to make one or buy a TDA7240A power amplifier IC for $2.84US. Its output is 14W into 4 ohms with a 13.8V supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back