Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very New, need some help...polyphonic instrument?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero999 said:
You could use two hex schmitt trigger inverters to make the 12 oscillators with. You also might want to add a some trimpots to tune it with.

It is a interesting idea. If 12 master oscillators need two ICs only, then the schematic becomes simpler.

I want to know if you tested it, because my practice in the home-made
musical instruments domain showed that, if I make multiple oscillators using parts of a same IC case, it is posible that interferences appear between them (because of the internal parasite coupling).

This is why better to use separate ICs when you design multiple oscillators.
If you succesfully avoided interferences, please tell me how you did it.
A schematic would be satisfying, thanks!

polyphonic instrument

I'd start with something like a Mostek MK50240N Top Octave Frequency
Generator (TOFG) chip. It generates all 12 top octave notes from a 2.? MHz osc.
I think Mostek also makes the octave divider chips that require no odd interfacing.
Datasheet attached.
HTH, Emory

Attachments

• MK50240N.pdf
    179.4 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back