Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog HDL(SPI) help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoyC

Hey guys, I'm trying to write a code of SPI, and I have 0 experience in this :

The device needs to be designed to provide translation between the RS232 and SPI protocols in
either one of the following modes:
• A1 is a RS232 receiver. It will receive a serial bit-stream from a PC and perform the
necessary error checking on the data. It will then pass the data onto A0.
• A0 is a SPI transmitter. It will receive the data from A1 and convert it into the SPI protocol
bit-stream and transmit it onto B1. It will function as an SPI master device.
• B1 is a SPI receiver. It will receive an appropriately formatted SPI protocol bit-stream and
pass it onto B0. It will function as an SPI slave device.
• B0 is a RS232 transmitter. It will convert the data received from B1 into a suitable RS232
bit-stream and transmit it onto a receiving PC.

Which looks something like this:
Assignment.pdf - Adobe Reader.jpg

I've found codes of writing SPI in: fpga4fun.com - SPI - A simple implementation

Now there are two problems, how do I show it on an Altera DE1 Board, since there are no indication of which pins are the MISO,MOSI, etc....
And, how do I write codes for SPI master device?

how do I show it on an Altera DE1 Board, since there are no indication of which pins are the MISO,MOSI, etc....

I don't understand the question.

And, how do I write codes for SPI master device?

If you don't know verilog, you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back