Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vehicle tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjay79

i want to design a vehicle tracking syste using GPS..

this is what i want i want to have a ystem that is fitted on to a vehicle when the vehicle goes above a particular speed say 50 km/hr the GPS locations, the speed and time are send via sms through a GSM unit to a particular mobile number..

i want this to go on till the vehicle goeas below 50 km/hr..and then the system should stop sending sms..this should go on when ever the ehicle overspeed

iam not looking for a very costly system but an average system...

looking for a sincere help
reagrds
sanjay

So whats your question? Are you just looking for info on what you will need? You'll need a GPS receiver/antenna, a GSM modem, and a microcontroller to decode speed and send to GSM unit.You can take the speed signal from the GPS(which is not very accurate), or you can use the speed sensor on the vehicle or vehicle speed from OBD(some vehicles) or OBD-II(all 1996+).

Russlk said:
The speed display on my GPS agrees with the speedometer as close as I can read it, which should be close enuf.
By inaccurate I meant is doesn't react to speed changes very well, It could just be my setup too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back