Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

variable rise and fall light timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemcg

I need a circuit with a variable rise time then a variable constant on time, then a variable close time. Circuit to be used on 120V AC.

wemcg said:
I need a circuit with a variable rise time then a variable constant on time, then a variable close time. Circuit to be used on 120V AC.

You don't give anywhere near enough information - for a start what is it to control?, what time span do the three sections need?, and what do you mean by 'a variable rise/close time' - do you mean you want it to fade up and down slowly?, and if so, is it for an incandescent light?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
wemcg said:

You don't give anywhere near enough information - for a start what is it to control?, what time span do the three sections need?, and what do you mean by 'a variable rise/close time' - do you mean you want it to fade up and down slowly?, and if so, is it for an incandescent light?.

This will be for an incandescent light. Yes I would like it to fade up and down. Would like to be to vary the fade time for both and the time that it stays on. The time for the 3 states would be from 1 to 5 minates.

wemcg said:
Nigel Goodwin said:
wemcg said:

This will be for an incandescent light. Yes I would like it to fade up and down. Would like to be to vary the fade time for both and the time that it stays on. The time for the 3 states would be from 1 to 5 minates.

I would suggest using a PIC (or other micro-controller), by feeding zero-crossing signals into the PIC it could do the fading up and down as well as the timing. You could do the adjustments either by buttons, switches, or potentiometers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back