Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable Initialization too large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably too much of a pain if you are running the PIC at 5V because of the extra regulator and level shifting required. There are quite a few PICs now that run at 3.3V and these SRAMs would work well with them.

yea agree....but since ill only have to level shift 2 pins.....ill go with it.....

i've decided to go with the external RAM....(as other methods wouldnt work -.-) ....

but i have a question....
how do i access the external RAM? .....by continuously reading/writing the SPI registers....

or is there an easier way of using it juz like how the built in RAm is used :confused:

Last edited:
but i have a question....
how do i access the external RAM? .....by continuously reading/writing the SPI registers....
Yes, that's how you would use it. The external RAM should only really be used for large sequential buffers, etc. Variables that need to be read/written, often and randomly, should be hosted in the GPRs on the PIC if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back