Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable frequency,high voltage and high current square pulse generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I am planning to build a DC sqaure wave pulse generator,which can run a DC Load of 250 volt and 16 amps(max load current) rating.The system should have provision to select appropriate frequency and the supply for the system should be A.C supply.

Please can anyone suggest any ideas or links to start the project.

Thanks

Actually frequency need to be in range 1hz-30khz and duty cycle is correct.
At 250V and 16 Amps, 0.000001% duty cycle is impossible at any frequency within your range. That would require pulse widths from 10nS to 333 femptoseconds. 10nS might be possible, but not for a beginner.

Last edited:
Thanks Roff for your suggestion,i just need to know whether at higher pulse width(>0.5%) is it possible.If yes can you please suggest what will be the circuit configuration.A concept circuit diagram will be helpful.

333 femtoseconds? 30 khz? hmmmmm........so an ac 250v circuit cannot produce 30khz @ 16 amps? or it can at one hundred thoutanths duty cycle? I read posts and wonder if the original post is read or a tangental post is replied to? is it correct to assume you are making a low speed dc motor controler and not an atomic collider? (at .5% I assume you will use a microcontroler, as resistors and caps are out of this range)

Last edited:
333 femtoseconds? 30 khz? hmmmmm........so an ac 250v circuit cannot produce 30khz @ 16 amps? or it can at one hundred thoutanths duty cycle? I read posts and wonder if the original post is read or a tangental post is replied to? is it correct to assume you are making a low speed dc motor controler and not an atomic collider? (at .5% I assume you will use a microcontroler, as resistors and caps are out of this range)
Yeah, I screwed up the decimal points.
1kHz at 1e-6 duty cycle is 1nS. 33kHz at 1e-6 duty cycle is 33pS.
Still impossible.

Last edited:
why cannot 1hz- 30khz work?please explain. usa UF, thean the voltage, and the amperage is less, and resistance is far less this higher than that, I am beginning to wonder???????????hmmmm is the problem (impossible) because of the voltage or the 1kjule pulse? 1hz???????? I can run that fast!, on tuesday? Ithink i will patent the THEAN, meaning then and?

Yeah, I screwed up the decimal points.
1kHz at 1e-6 duty cycle is 1nS. 33kHz at 1e-6 duty cycle is 33pS.
Still impossible.
Actually, the original problem required .000001% duty cycle. This is a duty cycle of 1e-8.
The period of 1kHz is 1e-3 second (1 millisecond). 1e-8*1e-3 seconds=1e-11 seconds. That is 10 picoseconds.
The period of 30kHz is 3.33e-5 (33.3usec). 1e-8*3.33e-5=3.33e-13 seconds. That is 333 femptoseconds.

OK. Now, crosslakeguy, what is this:
usa UF, thean the voltage, and the amperage is less, and resistance is far less this higher than that
:confused::confused:
Is English not your first language?

Sorry bout that......omg! I understand now the problem is the duty cycle, thats the brain block I was having. I guess after tying to decifer it myself, knowing what i was trying to say. I was thinking duty cycle was a power factor at a certain voltage, not pulse duration....... the equiptment I use the duty cycle is rated as the lower the power, the higher the duty cycle, and the higher the amperage, the less the duty cycle. If that makes some sort of sense? (or time on/ time off) but amperage influences the duty cycle, which is not the case for his problem. thanks for trying to explain it to me, yes English is, but communication, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back