Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Varactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mruehrig

Hello, I am a newbie and no electronics guru at all - I know how to use a soldering iron though, and pretty much understand basic electronic circuits. I entered the forum because I am seeking advice in a certain problem I am carying with me for quite a while now.

I am looking for a possibilty to replace a variable capacitance in an LC circuit by a passive circuit where the control element is a resistor. The idea is to fine tune the resonance frequency of an LC circuit (on a printed circuit board) by trimming the resistor (e.g. similar to Laser trimming, but mechanically) The most straightforward solution of course would be a varactor but to change the capacitance of the Varactor I need a power source thus this solution is not passive.
Anyone with a great idea on how to tackle this problem.

Cheers,

Manfred

Last edited:
How about a variable capacitor?

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back