Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vanity light electrical wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems wrong on so may accounts. For one the wires should enter as cables and strapped in via the two clips on the top and bottom of the picture. The other way is through the knockouts.
Look closer. It's not "poking through holes," it's coming in as 2 parallel Romex cables, and clamped correctly by the bottom clamp.
The wires (and the inside of the box) have all been spray-painted white! You can plainly see the black wires where the wire nut has been removed.

I'm pretty sure its supposed to come in where I have it circled yellow.. The the little wing thing's with the tightening screws are meant to hold the cable tight so it does not rub and create shorts. The hole its coming through now looks more like mounting hole for when placing it as a ceiling box. Unless there are more clamps around the center where its coming in. That would make sense then, but I only see mounts at the top, bottom and where the grounds are tightened down or the other knockouts on the side's and center that are still in place. KISS points out a pretty valid concern.
Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
NO! The romex can clearly be seen as outlined in yellow below!
It's all coming in 100% correctly and safely, and is clamped down correctly!
There's a 14-3 cable on the right and a 14-2 cable on the left coming in at the bottom towards the top with about 1/4" of romex shielding showing.

Last edited:
I don't think those 4 black hole are holes, I think they're chunks of grease.
It's hard to see anything with all that over-sprayed paint.
In any case, this should be a very easy installation for the OP. No real need to call an electrician unless he really doesn't know what he's doing. In that case, PLAY IT SAFE!!

I'm thinking the black holes may be for re-configuring the clamps for the grounds and those side knockouts.. That or mounting as a ceiling box.

I'm pretty sure holes should be there. Might just be some of the plaster or paint covered it and is causing what we see now in picture.

Not the same, but here is a similar box. You will see the pattern is dead on for those black dots.

raco-boxes-brackets-112-64_1000.jpg

steel-city-boxes-brackets-36115c-25r-64_1000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back