Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vacuum tube amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilMKD

Hi
I want to build a tube amp but i don't have any schematics
i have this tubes
PL-519
PL-504
PL36
PCF-86
PY-88
DY-800
PCL-84
PCL-85
PCF-200
EF-188
PCF-802
PCH-200
42EC4/PY500A ( made in USA )
and also i have PL84 i know thet i can build with this but I need more power :D
I need a schematic for PCF-802 , and ECC82
with the ECC82 i will build a preamp and with the PL36 i will build the main amp, but i don't have schematics for thet
can someone hellp me i need only schematics :)

Last edited:
Those are all old TV valves, and pretty poor for building audio equipment.

As with any valve amplifier your main problem is transformers, and you're not likely to find a single ended transformer of any power really - one EL84 is about it (for which a PL84 would work, just a different heater).

There are thousands of valve designs on the internet, look at those - but you're unlikley to find those specific valves.

can i build a amp with PL36 +- 10W ?
dont worry about the transformers

here is my idea
to use this schematic

but to add preamp
I can't find any schematic for ECC82 for the preamp

Last edited:
The P valves are mainly TV valves, off memory.
Not sure if they can be used for audio applications.

That circuit may work OK, but I do have a few comments.

By using a mains transformer as the output transformer, there could be a problem with magnetic saturation of the core due to the DC flowing through it.
The screen grid (G2) would probably be better connected to the supply rather than the anode.
The 4.7uF cap in the grid circuit is probably unnecessarily large, and an electrolytic is probably a poor idea. I would be inclined to use a 0.1uF.

JimB

I agree with JimB, FAR better using the pentode as a pentode, rather than strapping it as a triode, a mains transformer as output transformer is further reducing the already low quality - and 1.2W from an xL84 is pretty pathetic. I also agree on the coupling, DO NOT use an electrolytic (valve death!!!), use a 0.1uF (or smaller).

P series valves have a 300mA series heater, E series have a 6.3V heater, the PL84 and EL84 are identical apart from that.

For the OP, what are you actually trying to do?, and why?.

This circuit is designed to use main transformers, and not to use ready-valve transformers.
I want to make a valve amplifier, I want to use only valves from old TV's. The amp will have a preamp with ECC82, and a main amp with PL84.
I need only a circuit for the preamp with the ECC82
p.s Thank you for your reply

amplifier http://users.triera.net/zupanbra/elektronke/pl504.html

Hi
I want to build a tube amp but i don't have any schematics
i have this tubes
PL-519
PL-504
PL36
PCF-86
PY-88
DY-800
PCL-84
PCL-85
PCF-200
EF-188
PCF-802
PCH-200
42EC4/PY500A ( made in USA )
and also i have PL84 i know thet i can build with this but I need more power :D
I need a schematic for PCF-802 , and ECC82
with the ECC82 i will build a preamp and with the PL36 i will build the main amp, but i don't have schematics for thet
can someone hellp me i need only schematics :)

I have schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back