Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UVPROM Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned G7WJK

Several years ago I saw an article in a magazine where a UVPROM was used as the active optical element in a TV camera. The address lines were used in order to scan the picture lines.
Unfortunately I no longer have the magazine.
I realise that cameras are now cheap and easy to get hold of, but it seems an interesting project. Does anyone know how this is done, or can anyone please point me to the right website.

Thanks

Ned

Sounds a little unlikely. I don't think PROMs act particularaly quickly in response to light; that's why it takes hours/weeks/years to erase one (change the bit states) in ambient light (e.g. inside an office).

I'm guessing that the article you saw involved DRAM, which just needs a lens and a data interface to form a camera.

In either case the output is a digital bit for each memory location (pixel). The picture detail would be black or white, no gray-scale.

Yeah,I remember that article many years ago in Circuit Cellar magazine. It was indeed a UV eprom used to capture the image. They used a lens to focus the image on the quartz window. Thats about all I remember because I didnt read the whole article. Circuit Cellar has a website where you can purchase articles online all the way back to issue No. 1. Try looking there. I think its
Circuit Cellar - The Magazine for Computer Applications

Hi Guys
Many thanks for your thoughts on the subject. I can't find any trace on the Circuit Cellar site. There is an article on camera chips dated July 1999, but if memory serves me right ( and it often doesn't) the article I originally read about it was even further back in time.

Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back