Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using .wav files as input and output in LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclejed613

Most Helpful Member
if you are processing audio in a circuit in LTSpice, either an amplifier, filter or some effect like fuzz, you can actually input a .wav file, and capture the output as a .wav file. this way you can hear what it sounds like. a couple of things to remember, the input will be limited to +/-1V (2Vp-p), and the output to the output .wav file must be scaled to 1V (2Vp-p). so often, to get the output properly scaled, you may have to look at the waveform at the output in the waveform viewer, and then add an appropriate voltage divider to get the output level for the .wav file within the 1V limit.

the input voltage source is edited by clicking on the text for the voltage parameter and changing the text. since "redhouse2.wav" is too big for me to post here, you will have to provide your own wav file as a source, and edit the parameter line accordingly. the .wav output is a spice directive referencing the output of the voltage divider. this creates a wav file as the circuit simulates.

Attachments

• autowah-demo.asc
    2 KB · Views: 1,408
Last edited:
Yes this is covered in the help files and the available example schematics that come with LTSpice.. ?

true, but i figured i'd mention it. . it's an interesting and useful feature. i came across an old .asc file i had b eeen using it with.

true, but i figured i'd mention it. . it's an interesting and useful feature. i came across an old .asc file i had b eeen using it with.

hi Jed,
I use the free download Audacity Beta audio program.
Using the Effects option menu you can create a large range of wav files, chirps, DTMF, Noise and Tones, these can be input as wav files into your LTS sim,

It can also play back your wav file outputs

E

Last edited:
as you can see, i used the guitar intro of one of Robin Trower's versions of Red House to run through the effect in the .asc file. i think i actually used Audacity to make the 30 second clip. that was back when i used Windows.... Audacity is a great tool for audio editing in Windows, but i've been using Linux for several years now, and there are some really good tools that come with it. i see that Audacity is now available for linux... i'll have to give it another look. way back when, i think it was shareware (you had to pay for some features) but that seems to have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back