Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using PICs for GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squintz

i found this site

**broken link removed**

they have a working GPS system built using the PIC16f84 and supplied with it is both the hex code and the assembly code used to program the PIC

I want to know the basics to this PIC. I want to know what all the outputs are for so that i could possibly use it in a circuit and use the output of the chip and feed a transmitter with the location of the GPS unit. I dont have any real projects in mind but i think its great that you have the versatility to do just about anything you want with that Program.

I think most ppl use gps receiver modules for this. Seems a bit to complicated to do yourself

Garmin and Motorola both make easy to use GPS modules, and software to use them on a PC.You will definately need to take some time and learn the PIC to interface the modules with the PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back