Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Op Amps to create rectified triangle wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

srobertjames

I'm trying to create a triangle wave that goes roughly from +100mV to close to max +V. I built a square wave using a 555 going from -V to +v, and can convert it to a triangle wave centered on ground using an op amp integrator.

But - I'm having trouble shifting the triangle wave to where I need it. But I'm having trouble shifting it to where I need it (i.e. completely on the positive side of ground). I tried capacitve coupling, but got a weird result. I tried using an op amp averager to +v, but also got weird results.

Does the integrator have a low output impedance? Do I need to buffer it?

Am I doing something else wrong?

What's the preferred way of doing this shift?

If you post a schematic of what you are doing, we could give better suggestions as how to improve it. What is the frequency?

Otherwise vne147's suggestion to use the ICL8038 waveform generator instead is good.

Frequency is 500-1000 Hz.

Alas, the Intersil chip is not to be found - do you know of any similar ones that are available (DIP only, no SMT)?

NTE864 is an equivalent IC. I think it's rapidly becoming as hard to aquire as the ICL8038. My local electronics shop might still have a few. I'm going there later today so I can check for you. If they have one I'll be happy to ship it to you if you pay for the cost+shipping. If they don't have it, I think I might have one lying around that I could send to you for the same (cost+shipping).

Last edited:
Try the 2206 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back