Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using mosfet to switch power on lithium battery. need to be able to chanrge it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigaah

Ok I'm kinda bit of an electronics neophyte. I just learned. That for my diy e cigarrete battery I. Need to switch the battery to the load with a mosfet. Resistance load.I'm using a mechanical switch to. Close the gate. Now I also need the gate open when the load is removed and voltage is applied for charging. What do I need to do this? Hopefully that is specific enough. I'm on my phone here because my computer died.

We don't know what is a "diy e cigarette battery".
A switch can be used to turn on a Mosfet. But the gate of a Mosfet does not close and it does not open.

You need a charger circuit that is designed for whatever kind of battery you have. Ni-Cad, Ni-MH, Lithium, lead-acid or some other kind??

Ilemme try again. I tried attaching a photo but I wasn't able to. I have a 3.7v lithium battery. I want to connect it to a resistance load with an N channel mosfet switch. The mosfet is turned on via a mechanical switch that toggles from neg to pos of the battery. I think this is how its done from what I've gethered. The switch at rest is shorting the gate to neg. When pressed its set to battery positive. From what I understand the gate cannot remain open so I figured this is how its done. However to charge the battery. The load is removed and in its place a battery charger is placed to revharge the battery. The charger does supply voltage that could activate a mosfet buut the way I have it I couldn't do that without. Shorting the battery. Is there another way to do it with one fet or use two fets? If I could post a picture it would be easy to show you but the forum under advanced says upload is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back