Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using EASYPCB for design

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

going back and pulling my hair out trying to locate a sutable smd capaciator for my Christmas star project but can't locate a basic part or suggestions on what to use.

EASYEDA sorry for wrong name.
still in need of a smd capacitor. I assume if JLCPBC does not have then maybe just use a 1206 footprint.
on the resistor arrays, I made the pads larger incase I have to solder in.

Parts are like rocking horse pooh at the moment.. We have different parts at unobtainium level here in the UK so we can't help..

You would think caps would be an easy find though.. I like 1206 as I can still see to solder them...

trying to locate a sutable smd capaciator
That doesn't narrow down the possible choices very much.

When asking a question like this you might try adding a few details since we can't read your mind.

Not knowing what your want;...................
JLCpcb has 95 types of ceramic multi layer capacitors in 0805 size (only 2 in C0805) which are the same thing.
If you go for the cheaper parts "Basic" part, three are only 36 types of caps.
Their inventory is really down but so is every one's.
There may be a problem in how you searched for parts.

If you're still having problems finding a capacitor then this is what I see when I click on the library icon half way down the left side bar,
easyEDA.png

Note I've selected the second Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors - the first one is through hole.

HTH,

Mike.

thanks now maybe I can order some boards. Looking at a 2 sided assembly but just in case I made the resistor array pads biger. Way to hard to solder.

Parts are like rocking horse pooh at the moment.. We have different parts at unobtainium level here in the UK so we can't help..

You would think caps would be an easy find though.. I like 1206 as I can still see to solder them...
So glad I saved all those board pulls over the years. :gloat:

found another issue with the board house. Was reasy to order BUT noticed the resistor arrays are 603 package, not 1206. I have 50 of the 1206 arrays so the 603 won't work.
my just forget this project unless I put the arrays on top or place seperate 1206 resistors in place of te arrays. Then I can solder them by hand.

I attempted to create my own footpront but got lost.
After I get the Simon game straighten out I plan on trying to creat my own footprint in EASYEDA but after Christmas. Have too many other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back