Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using CD4000.lib with LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Jackson

Hi,

This post is a suffix to this one:

'Problem getting LTSpice to simulate with CD4000.lib' posted by Doktor Jones:

I'm trying to include CD4000.lib and use its JK Flip-Flop model (CD4027) in LtSpice. However, LTSpice throws up the following warning:

WARNING: Can't resolve .param vdd1=vdd

which points to the first .SUBCKT line of the model:

.SUBCKT CD4027B S J C K R Q QN VDD VGND vdd1={vdd} speed1={speed} tripdt1={tripdt}

Are those braced expressions valid in the .SUBCKT line? I downloaded CD4000.lib from this LT Wiki page titled:

LTspiceIV-library Library Listing Expanded

but it doesn't appear to be quite compatible with LTSpice. Can anyone offer a solution? Thanks.

Welcome to ETO!
You need to have a circuit node labelled 'Vdd' in the schematic if using CD4000_v.lib, or else have a .param directive .

Try adding a power source for the CMOS circuits and add a "Vdd" label to the positive node as below:
upload_2018-4-7_12-1-25.png

Hi,

This post is a suffix to this one:

'Problem getting LTSpice to simulate with CD4000.lib' posted by Doktor Jones:

I'm trying to include CD4000.lib and use its JK Flip-Flop model (CD4027) in LtSpice. However, LTSpice throws up the following warning:

WARNING: Can't resolve .param vdd1=vdd

which points to the first .SUBCKT line of the model:

.SUBCKT CD4027B S J C K R Q QN VDD VGND vdd1={vdd} speed1={speed} tripdt1={tripdt}

Are those braced expressions valid in the .SUBCKT line? I downloaded CD4000.lib from this LT Wiki page titled:

LTspiceIV-library Library Listing Expanded

but it doesn't appear to be quite compatible with LTSpice. Can anyone offer a solution? Thanks.

Sound like the symbol is missing parameters needed with the CD4000.lib library file.

Open the symbol and:

1. Add this to the "Spiceline" field:
VDD=5 SPEED=1.0 TRIPDT=5e-9

VDD sets the supply voltage. Change 5 to whatever voltage your circuit uses.

2. Add this to the "Spicemodel" field:
VDD 0

This is for internal use by the library.

You don't need to use a voltage supply node with the CD4000.lib library components.

eT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back