Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using ccp1 with pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.
That define makes all delays 1mS long if there over 1mS

I just remove them are make them real short which works fine

The LCD is really the only thing trickie to work have to play with the delays

Hi Burt
let us overpass the first part of capturing a signal fed to rc.2 pin . I have build an oscillator using comparator1 hoping to use to measure capacitance. I found that I have to keep that oscillator working by making the code loop back over few instructions. If I try to do any thing else the oscillator stops (i.e if I make more instructions in the loop).How can I make that oscillator run independently?

thanks
Obaid

You can use the chips OSC I don't no how fast you need it but with the timer to divide it and send out a pin could be done basically in the background or even PWM both should work. Full time

Hi Burt
Osc1 is connected to the xtal . What actually I want is using the comparator rc oscillator to measure the capacitance by using ccp1.When I make code to do that, oscillator stops ,you have to knock it all the time . I believe I can use an interrupt, to load the timer when signal is captured and go back after that to knock that oscillator , but I do not know how to make an interrupt when capture flag is 1. I do not want use an external oscillator. I attached the circuit.View attachment 62611
Thanks
Obaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back