Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Bluetooth for a wireless mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

In the third year of my studies to become an electronics engineer, I am doing a project with three other students. We are designing and developing an accelerometer-based computer mouse.
We are looking to make it a wireless mouse, and are wondering if and how Bluetooth technology could be used as a means to transfer data from the mouse to the computer.

I learned that we probably need a Bluetooth dongle on the PC/laptop side. They cost a few euros and only measure a few centimeters (1-2 inches).
My problem lies on the other side, more precisely we would like to know what component(s) do we need on the mouse side.

What kind of components do I need in the mouse and where can I get them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Nick

Perhaps one of these from TI will work for you.

I took the time to look around in the description and data sheet and to figure out where I can buy it and for how much, and I must say they look very promising.
But I am a bit confused: do you think it will suffice to put one of these in my mouse and then put a dongle in my USB port? Will my computer know the difference with a wired mouse?

Thanks a lot already,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back