Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using a pressure switch instead of a variable potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuit freak

Hi, I am building a circuit board that uses a 100K rotary potentiometer to control the frequency output. I am wanting to change this to use a pressure switch instead of the potentiometer. This way it will put out max frequency until the desired pressure is reached, then it will tell the circuit to stop working until the pressure drops. Here is the part of my schematic that has the variable pot and the components it controls. Is this possible to do, and if so, would I need to use a digital pot also? Any help with this idea would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• variable potentiometer.JPG
    variable potentiometer.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 438
Why not put the pressure switch on the output of the 556? Have the pressure switch turn it on and off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back