Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Uses for a PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to urge you to examine the line of Picaxe chips... Pics with a custom bootstrap. They are cheap, widely supported and easy to program. I am having a lot of fun with them.

GL-
Andrew

Good original ideas become products. If you do not have the talent to build what has already been done you will not have the talent to build that new idea when it comes to you.

Wow! That is a great quote. Is this yours? I want to save this.

Roger Tango,
Thanks for the PICAXE suggestion.
I had just starting looking at these, and I think these may be just the thing.
My logic is if I want to play PICS, let's get stuck in and do something... soon.
For my uses, a few milliseconds here and there would have no effect on any project I would consider, and as I don't envisage a production run, the extra cost would be totally insignificant as well.
STAMP technonology seems a bit expensive, though!
Bye for now

Roger Tango,
Thanks for the PICAXE suggestion.
I had just starting looking at these, and I think these may be just the thing.
My logic is if I want to play PICS, let's get stuck in and do something... soon.
For my uses, a few milliseconds here and there would have no effect on any project I would consider, and as I don't envisage a production run, the extra cost would be totally insignificant as well.
STAMP technonology seems a bit expensive, though!
Bye for now

If you live in the US, Ill send you a 14M on a proto PCB that I design and build, and you can start experimenting with them right away! Ill even include a power supply PCB with a 7805 on it so all you need is a wall wart (12v works nice) and your up and running.

PM me if you are interested.

Andrew

Better than any BASIC Stamp and more flexible than the PICAxe would be Swordfish BASIC for the 18F. Well worth a look and the free SE edition.

Except for Sword is $149 and Picaxe programmer is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back