Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Useful USB to SATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

granddad

Most Helpful Member
I had a laptop given as a Christmas gift , machine not anything special ( as hinted ), a refurb HP elitebook, but 'giver' did not realise it had no DvD drive... not a problem but possibly a annoyance in the future. solved with an Anker USB3 to SATA adapter. ( or USB2) , cable will connect to 'internal' drive externally. ( power plug supplied for 3.5 drives ) put a 2.5 HD on it , and device recognised and files listed. great . connected Dvd .. Uh device error. No way would it report any files. To cut my tale short, contacted Anker support / after sales. they sent me a replacement pronto ! Now dvd drive working OK . Would that all companies were so on the ball with their after sales service .10/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back