Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to USB connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4d4ng

Hi All,
I f I want to construct a USB to USB connector for PC, what should I have to know?. Will greatly aappreciate if someone give a guide or schematic for that project :)

Amri

you mean to network two PC's together?

here's how I'd go about it:
1) find a place that sells one
2) buy it
3) use it

:lol:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812159101

you can buy them for under $10 USD... and I guarantee you can't build your own for cheaper than that. even getting a couple of USB connectors and some wire, and a couple miscellaneous parts would probably cost more than that.

and, due to the nature of USB, I highly doubt that it consists of discrete components. it's probably a single, proprietary controller chip inside, that you probably couldn't purchase, and even if you could, it would probably cost a lot.

I've never seen a schematic or anything for one... some may exist, but I wouldn't count on it. again, since they're so inexpensive, there's little reason to build one when you can just buy a working one.

Hi evandude,
Thanks for your info.
Looks like my intention is irrational because it will be easier to buy one :)
Perhaps I will do that.

Amri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back