Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Usb to serial converter using PIC18F2550

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICMICRO

May sound absurd but I thought this might be possible. To start playing with USB pics I ordered PIC18F2550 and they just arrived. But, at the moment I am busy on another project, and badly need an USB to serial converter. So, I ordered it too. However, instead of waiting for the shipping, I may be able to make it using, what I have in hand.
So, do you have any resources for it?

May sound absurd but I thought this might be possible. To start playing with USB pics I ordered PIC18F2550 and they just arrived. But, at the moment I am busy on another project, and badly need an USB to serial converter. So, I ordered it too. However, instead of waiting for the shipping, I may be able to make it using, what I have in hand.
So, do you have any resources for it?

Easily possible, but hardly cost effective, when you can buy ready made USB/Serial converters for less than £1.

It's not hard at all but a waste of time if all you want is serial to USB , But if you want to send data that the pic collects Adc, and such it's real useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back