usb programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

prandy

hello people
i need a programmer to program pic micros....a usb one at that....can you pls answer some questions of mine... . i am planning to build my own one ...is it worth the effort or would it be wiser just to buy one...
my plans of doing so are of two stages
1) get a virtual serial port communicater
2) then build a programmer
bout the first part....the chip i have decided to use is the ft232bm....which is very hard to get, can someone tell me where to get this chip in bangalore (india) and its approximate cost...also it comes in a different package and i am just an amateur beginner ...so can you guys suggest me on going bout this...if so some light on the basics of using this chip...
thankyou people

Hi,
PICkit 2 if you want a USB programmer, either get one from Microchip, or the compatible one, Junebug from Blueroom, or you can build according to the schematic provided.

Good USB programmers aren't much expensive than earlier.You better buy one.Even If you build your own you wont get any knowledge from it.You get only soldering practice after spending too much time.

My 2 cents.

If you build a kit and it stops working you have a better chance at fixing it. I have a dead USB ICD2 ebay clone that died. Without a schematic and all SDM construction it is not worth looking at.

Ft232 is distributed in India by M/s Electro Sysytems Associates , RajajiNagar Bangaluru, contact 2357 7924. I purchased from them at their Hyderabad branch.

beyond all that no point and better use a USB supported PIC based programmer. PICKIT2 or Junebug

Pickit2 is sold by Silicon components Pvt ltd located at Bombay with branch at Bangaluru. they advertise in EFY magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…