Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

prandy

hello people
i need a programmer to program pic micros....a usb one at that....can you pls answer some questions of mine...:eek: . i am planning to build my own one:D ...is it worth the effort or would it be wiser just to buy one...
my plans of doing so are of two stages
1) get a virtual serial port communicater
2) then build a programmer
bout the first part....the chip i have decided to use is the ft232bm....which is very hard to get, can someone tell me where to get this chip in bangalore (india) and its approximate cost...also it comes in a different package and i am just an amateur beginner:( ...so can you guys suggest me on going bout this...if so some light on the basics of using this chip...
thankyou people:)

Hi,
PICkit 2 if you want a USB programmer, either get one from Microchip, or the compatible one, Junebug from Blueroom, or you can build according to the schematic provided.

Ft232 is distributed in India by M/s Electro Sysytems Associates , RajajiNagar Bangaluru, contact 2357 7924. I purchased from them at their Hyderabad branch.

beyond all that no point and better use a USB supported PIC based programmer. PICKIT2 or Junebug

Pickit2 is sold by Silicon components Pvt ltd located at Bombay with branch at Bangaluru. they advertise in EFY magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back