Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb programmer for avr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built Usbasp and it worked just fine. You just need to have some means of programming the chip the first time. Works just fine with avrdude.

But if you have a hardware serial port (not usb-rs232 converter) then you can use ponyprog´s SIProg to program your chips. It is just a few components and it works with avrdude as well.

I use a USBtiny, cost me ~£11 or there abouts with a few 328p uCs bundled in, in addition to a 10/6 pin converter. Note that the USBtiny cannot program all AVRs.

Not worth the hassle building in my opinion. I used to build my own programmers, but I do not think it was worth the effort anymore.

Not when you can get a serial programmer for $29 and the Assembly software is free from Atmel!!!

Of course, serial ports are disappearing...

I actually paid £16.99 for the USBtiny with 3 ATMEGA328Ps. That is $27.99.

I use WinAVR, which has been great.

You can turn an Arduino into ISP programmer.. then you would also have an Arduino at hand.
Just google Arduino ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back