Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Pic Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin094

Has anyone used any of the USB Pic programmers on the market?

I have been using the NOPPP but it's effeciency at programming is starting to get old. Takes way to long to program an 8K chip.

Thanks.

Hi.

I have rescently bought the K149B UBS pic programmer and so far have been having problems getting it to work properly. I sent it back to Hong Kong for repairs and I'm waiting to get it back.

I'll let you know how things work out.

i have seen one before online sometime ago. but apparently you need a compliant software programmer and it's pretty hard to get your computer talking to it.

Kingpin094 said:
Has anyone used any of the USB Pic programmers on the market?

I have been using the NOPPP but it's effeciency at programming is starting to get old. Takes way to long to program an 8K chip.

Thanks.

I doesn't take that long because of the programmer but because of the pic...

They need about 5ms to write a block to memory.... other ptogrammer isn't going to help this

I have one of these 149 programmers and it works ok, I am using XP and have also just updated the firmware on the programmer.

8)

Well. I got the 149B Kit back (a while ago now) and it really works better than some of the other PIC programmers I've seen and it's fast too.

The only thing you have to watch for is that if you buy one you have to make sure the firmware of the programmer has the same version number as in the software.

Exo said:
Kingpin094 said:
I doesn't take that long because of the programmer but because of the pic...

They need about 5ms to write a block to memory.... other ptogrammer isn't going to help this

Yes, it's down to the programmer software, not really the hardware (although in a USB programmer, the programmer software is actually in a chip on the hardware). My software WinPicProg is probably the fastest available, because I only program the required bytes, and nothing else - many other programmers write the complete memory everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back