Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb flash memory and pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
so ur saying that micro controller + flash memory is a hard project
can u plz give me any hint on wt i need to do it
any suggestions

x_sa07 said:
so ur saying that micro controller + flash memory is a hard project
can u plz give me any hint on wt i need to do it
any suggestions
What he's saying is that SD card flash memory is pretty easy to interface, but USB stick flash is DIFFICULT to interface.

A USB flash stick is not hard to interface to if you use the Vinculum VNC1L... it gives you a simple set of commands to read/write the FAT filesystem via asynch or SPI. Still not quite an absolute beginner's project, but pretty close if you use one of Vinculum's pre-built modules.

P.

hi

can anybody explain me how to change a C Programm made for a CF, SD or MMC to a Programm for a kind of Flash memory using a parallel interface with the PIC (see the link below)?

https://forums.futura-sciences.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44937&d=1208713440

thanks in advance.

Rq: I don't need a decoder or USB interface cause the ATJ2085 include them (the PIC 18F4525 will share with the ATJ2085* the use of the Flash memory (SAMSUNG k9f2G08U0M) in reading and writing)

* is a SoC (System On Chip) used in mp3 players

Last edited:
blueroomelectronics said:
What do you think is inside the SD card?
Ahhhh....lemme see....Ahhh....I used to know the answer....could...it...be...ahhh Flash Memory! Yeah,flash memory that's the ticket...yeah

loup-garou said:
can anybody explain me how to change a C Programm made for a CF, SD or MMC to a Programm for a kind of Flash memory using a parallel interface with the PIC.
Not much similarity there. I would start from scratch and develop a program that met a set of written requirements which you need to write. The sooner you get cracking the better off your project will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back