Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb fastcharge / QC4.0 12v

Status
Not open for further replies.

isoking

Im building a multi power charge station, i was wondering if anyone has a plan / schematic for a samsung / iphone quick charge usb? the input source is 12v. I was looking at car chargers but they are $15 each and when i want 4 or 5 its a bit expensive. I was hoping for 1 or 2 IC circuits with a few outputs on them.

Input voltage 12 to 15 volts.
Output voltage 5.0 volts.
How many outputs? How much current? (each or total)
Do you want the outputs independent? If one output is shorted out the rest work.
OR Are the outputs dependent? If one output is shorted then the rest do not work.

Thanks ron for the reply.
I want 8 outputs. I thought fastcharge / quick charge was a higher voltage.

AFAIK, chargers signal that they can provide a higher current by using resistor dividers on the USB data pins. See https://electronics.stackexchange.c...wer-supply-for-my-consumer-usb-devices/177792

You can get 12V -> 5V/3A converters (you need to adjust the output voltage) for $1 each. Use one per charger output. See https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-3A...er-Step-Down-Module-LM2596-2596S/263179710165

You may want to adjust the output voltage to 5.2V to make up for voltage drop in thin USB cables.

They look like they do the things you're expecting (i.e. fast charging Android and iPhone, with varied voltages), and you don't need to fool around with the extra resistors or connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back