Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Cable For Nokia

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisarhangpour

Hello Everybody,
Is it possible to make a USB cable for my Nokia 3120 myself? It seems that the phone has all the hardware needed and it just needs a cable to interface with PC. Thanks in advance.

Its realy hard geting the conector that fits the phone.

My motorola has an miniUSB conector so you dont have to buy the original(But i got the USB cable whith the phone)A lot USB cables for cameras and stuff like that have the same conector.

If you ask me a USB cable is realy useful.

I don't know if your Nokia uses the same connector?, but my Nokia 3220 uses a completely unobtainable looking connector - plus the DKU-5 USB lead it needs has a great long USB plug on it, presumably containing various circuits, I suspect it's probably a USB to serial converter?.

Just looked on the bottom of the box with the lead in! - it says for 3120 as well :oops:

The original Nokia lead is quite expensive, mine is a far cheaper pattern one 8)

Yea the conectors on phones are mostly realy realy rare to find.

And those USB cables for phones are sold at hairrasing prices.Even if it just an cable with and speacial conector on the end.They just want to make lots of money this way. :evil:

Many cell phones communicate to a pc by using Bluetooth. Mine uses infrared which is really slow.

My portable MP3 recorder/player has a USB cord with a special little end that might be called a "mini USB". It also has infrared but the instructions don't say how to use it. It is also fairly slow because its battery lasts for recording only a few hundred MP3's, and its DC jack is also special. I don't have its AC adapter.
I have another portable MP3 recorder/player with another kind of small connector for USB, but I don't have a cord for it.

I shouldn't complain, I got them all for free! My cell phone was a gift, and I got all kinds of "not repairable" stuff from a chain of stores who gave it away. The MP3 recorder/player has a 10GB hard drive and came with Ni-MH battery cells. It had a broken switch that I replaced with one from another that has a smashed display and hard drive that sounds like it is full of gravel. I had to buy a magnifying glass to see the surface-mount pins of the tiny switches, and they were glued down. The store's repair depot must of had it for 3 years. I downloaded the latest control software and firmware for it. :lol:

Yea IR is realy slow but then agen Bluetooth is too(But not as much as IR)

The mini USB is prety comon.I have seean it on MP3 players,cameras,digital camcoders...

A nice thig is that the phone can charge its batery over the USBs 5V line.Even the charges dose it that way.The charges has an mini USB conector and suplys the 5V just like an USB wod.

So it wod be prety easy to make an car or solar charger for my phone.All you need is an miniUSB conector and some way of geting 5V.

My MP3 player with the hard drive has four AA Ni-MH cells that need at least 5.6V to 6VDC for charging. It uses a 12VDC adapter and can't charge from USB. I have a big box of adapters and none of their plugs fit.
The player's adapter jack is mounted on the motherboard so I can't put a different one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back