Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaN

Has anyone here done any work with USB design? Or USB related hardware?

Im interested in developing a simple hardware basis to future projects involving Window OS and Hardware devices. I fee the USB would be an idea choice to bridge the Imagionary world of Windows with the Real world of electronics ;)

I have mastered the windows OS, and feel the USB is also the best approach to do this, since there is less work involved (no need for writing custon WDM's or VxD's, since the standard USB driver supports a set of HMI generic functions that will easily do).

I origionally looked at the PIC 16C745 Usb chip, and feel it would do quiet well, but they are OTP chips, and i dont think my personal budget will support too many mistakes ;)

I was looking into the Philips PDIUSBD11 chip, and would be a very attractive alternate, however, im having a hard time finding a supplier that would ship anything in small quantities (dont want to buy a 100 chips for R&D alone).

**broken link removed**

If anyone has ideas/guidance/advice i would be only happy to hear them.
Thanks again!
NaN

I recommend Jan Axelson's web site USB central.
**broken link removed**
I have her book but I haven't done anything with it yet.
Regards

There are 2 great flash based MCU supporting USB

1.) Motorola MC68HC08JB8
2.) Cygnal 8051 (cant recall the part no, check out their site)

I have used the PIC, OTP was a pain, I switched to HC08, it works beautiful ;)

Cheers
Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back