Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB 32-Bit Whacker - PIC32MX460

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
If you would like to try the PIC32 chips but lack a target you may want to look at Brian Schmalz's UBW32. I make my own targets but for $40 I am tempted to get one. SparkFun Electronics - USB 32-Bit Whacker - PIC32MX460 Development Board

PIC32MX460F512L 32-bit CPU from Microchip. The UBW32 is breadboard friendly and includes all the external circuitry to get the PIC32 up and running. Power can be provided over USB or from an external source. It has 3 push buttons (Reset, and 2 user-defined buttons) and 5 LEDs (Power, USB, and 3 user defined LEDs). All of the 78(!) of the PIC32's I/O pins are broken out. The board comes pre-loaded with a USB bootloader and special UBW firmware that accepts simple serial commands to control the various I/O functions.

Sparkfun has had this on the website for a while, but up to now it has been out of stock.

3v0

The bit whackers seem to be an easy way to go. That's one giant "stamp" module!

If, or even when to make the jump to PIC32, that's the question. My preference would lean towards the fairly new OLIMEX PIC32MX340F512 development board, also at Sparkfun. Mostly a form factor thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back