Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

**urgent** Need A Working Pic Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
dipmicro said:
If it's urgent, stop wasting time on JDM/Tait programmers and get PicKit2, otherwise you will be more troubleshooting the programmer than the target. The programmer "that actually works" does not get cheaper than PicKit2.
Geesh! You got that right. I'm guessing it's not the slightest bit urgent. :D

ruzfactor said:
I guess I have to wait for tomorrow to build the P16PRO40 programmer. By mistake the people from the shop gave me BC547 instead of BC557. Damn!
:( :'(

you may perhaps salvage a PNP from some of the hobby boards you might have assembles in the past- as you are in Dhaka, you get few PNP within no time i feel.even if you order PICKIT2 it will be fine but will take around 7 to 15 days - most of America will still be in holidays.

try to spend a little while analyzing & debugging the board that you have already made. I feel no point in jumping to other circuits as one fails. how far you can run like that- if it is me, i will definitely check and repair it and see it works, unless there is some compatibility issues like COM port o giving low voltage (latest mother boards.)or that you don't have a com or parallel port as the case might be. for example, i use Intel 915glvg board and with winXP. i am using parallel port for is programmer for 89S52 and com port with a local made JDM with external power supply.
I do agree that many people have their preferences with JDMs. but with a small change and with external powering you can still work with COM port programmers on JDM style. Yes. deriving / stabilizing 12.5V with jdm becomes tricky. but try to check it for few minutes and you will be able to make it work.
another example is JDM multiPIC programmer by FENG3 of Japan. it is working for many. PIC16pro40 is just fine.

**broken link removed**
Seen this? Worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back