Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent Advice Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecritic

Do you know any chips that is
BCD to 7 segment Converter (preferably with Latch)
The output for 9 and 6 must have tails. This rules out CD4511.
I just don't understand why the heck did they remove the tails from 6 and 9, too silly. Its just looks like damaged display when the tail is missing!

I believe the 7447 is a BCD to 7-segment converter. I suggest you look into that one.
Good luck!
Der Strom

Thanks JIMB. Yeah, the Chip is a real hardcore BCD to 7-segment decoder. No side jobs. Holy cow, it has three NC pins.

I found MC14513 this to be more useful (with Latch)
MC14513 filetype:pdf - Google

I am trying to do Display multiplexing using not-powerful uC (PIC16f676) . So, I thought the one with the Latch will be more beneficial for Higher Display brightness and less flickering.
But if I can get CA3161 in much lower price then may be I will go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back