Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UPS system

Status
Not open for further replies.

moremeba

Hi all, i have access to some redundant ups systems. They are 19in rack mount made by MGE that are typically used in data centers.
I am in the intial stages of trying to build a wind turbine and generator.
Would any of the parts from the above UPS`s be salvagable?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Moremeba

Batteries, power FET's, relays transformers and control components, pretty much everything in there would be useful for a wind generator. I got one that my work got rid of (battery died) and the components inside are absolutly great.

Ups

If your wind generator makes 12 -24 VDC build a charger to charge the UPS Baatery Bank and use the UPS as an Inverter. It would be similar to a Solar set up where you charge the battery bank when the wind is good and run off the battery bank when no wind is around. If your going a brushless 3 phase wind generator then the UPS should hhave plenty of parts as mentioned before. Keep us Posted , sounds like a good project.

Especially if there's more than one, photo's of the internals would be nice.

Thanks for the info. Your idea to charge the batterys and then use the ups as an invertor sounds ideal. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again
Moremeba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back