up/down counter with 7 segment display and button input

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostissues

I searched the site and could not find what I was looking for. here is what I'm looking to do with this: I have a card game that requires each player to keep a score. you start at 0 and play till you reach your goal (between 16-25) you can also loose points. I want to make a counter that when you press a button (+ button) it will add 1 point to your score ie press + score displays "01", press + again score displays "02" press another button (-) score will subtract 1 from the current score displayed. and also a reset button.

after a little research with google I have found out a couple things. what I want is called an up/down counter with a 2 digit 7 segment display. now comes the tricky part. I know a little about electronics, very little. I know nothing about programming chips. most of the schematics I have seen have a chip you need to program or use other types of input devices like something that automatically counts (timer).

so what I am looking to ask is if anyone knows how to make (or can point me to a schematic) of how to build this with a chip that I can buy already programmed. or tell me that what I'm looking to do is not possible.

Thank you for any help,
Jonathan

this one will go to 16,

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

all you need to do is add another flip-flop gate combo

hi,
This will do what you ask.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…