Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

up/down count to 7-segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

colin mac

I have input pins on a 8051 based micro, that test whether to increment or decrement from a value displayed on 7-segements . After I've decided that the counter should be incremented for example, I'm wondering what's the best way to determine what digit I'm currrently on and display the next.

I'm thinking a separate variable which I increment and decrement which I can test to see what number I'm on, but I'd like to know if there's better ideas before i start, since these counter projects are common.

Last edited:
Hi
I am trying to build 0 to 9999 rpm counter with either 7 segment or LCD display using PIC.Any suggestions to links or tutorials for this will be deeply appreciated.
PIC intended to be used is 16F628 or 16F84A.Thanks.Google search did not yield much.
Ranjit.

Hi
I am trying to build 0 to 9999 rpm counter with either 7 segment or LCD display using PIC.Any suggestions to links or tutorials for this will be deeply appreciated.
PIC intended to be used is 16F628 or 16F84A.Thanks.Google search did not yield much.
Ranjit.

hi,:)
A good starting point would be here:

The tutorials cover the fundamentals of PIC/LCD routines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back