Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unresponsive Circuit Board Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

spagettilegs

I have a lighting system for my home thats controlled by a circuit board and has ben in use for 20 years now. Recently, the lighting system switches can become un-responsive and if I remove the circuit board, disconnect all cables and power and leave it 'unplugged' for several hours, then reconnect everything it starts to function normally again for a day or two before becoming un-responsive again.

I know little or nothing about circuit boards but It seems like it may be a static charge issue. Is this basically a board that has reached the end of it's life or is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.

It could be a failing power supply, eg. old dried-up capacitors.
Or it could be a dry joint / cracked connection, or an internal failure in a transistor or IC...

Can you post some good clear photos of both sides of the board, so we can see what components are on it? Plus the make and model of the device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back