Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown Symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrypph

I'm looking at a circuit diagram for an Omnichord, it seems pretty easy to follow but I have 2 component symbols that I can't figure out what they are. any help is appreciated :)
(Its the dotted line and ladder symbols)

Attachments

• Zoom1.png
    Zoom1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 264
  • Ladder symbol.png
    Ladder symbol.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 266
  • dotted symbol.png
    dotted symbol.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 265
That looks like a badly drawn Diac.

Mike.
Edit, it has 1μ above it which suggests a capacitor.

The part with the 'ladder' is simply an electrolytic capacitor - i.e. a polarized capacitor. The cross hatching may be indicative of an aluminum electrolytic or tantalum cap, but it really doesn't matter. It's a cap.

The dotted area shows multiple instances of the same circuitry. Your schematic shows 2 tone related touch switches, while the actual product may have many more. It's just a way of not having to draw the same thing over and over again.

Ah ok, so it is like the Electrolytic (Japan) in the picture below, but just with fewer lines in the middle.
A16tI.gif

-Also, another quick question when it refers to "touch sensors" does it mean a physical sensor like this-
sku_323904_1.jpg

Or is it just a metallic strip between the two points that just acts as one

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back