• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown Symbol

Not open for further replies.


Well-Known Member
Most Helpful Member
That looks like a badly drawn Diac.

Edit, it has 1μ above it which suggests a capacitor.


Active Member
The part with the 'ladder' is simply an electrolytic capacitor - i.e. a polarized capacitor. The cross hatching may be indicative of an aluminum electrolytic or tantalum cap, but it really doesn't matter. It's a cap.

The dotted area shows multiple instances of the same circuitry. Your schematic shows 2 tone related touch switches, while the actual product may have many more. It's just a way of not having to draw the same thing over and over again.


New Member
Ah ok, so it is like the Electrolytic (Japan) in the picture below, but just with fewer lines in the middle.

-Also, another quick question when it refers to "touch sensors" does it mean a physical sensor like this-

Or is it just a metallic strip between the two points that just acts as one
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles