Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown Speaker Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie33

Could anybody please tell me what kind of connectors these are? I've never seen them before. They connect to PA speakers like what they have in supermarket ceilings. And also, where can I get equipment that can hook up to those.
IMG_1224[1].JPG
IMG_1226[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1225[1].JPG
    IMG_1225[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 305
The round plug is a standard 2 pin DIN speaker connector used extensively on low end audio equipment in the 70's and 80's. The rectangular one looks like an old FM feeder/ antenna connector. IIRC AMP made something similar for a while and folks used to use em for 100V line applications :)

The DIN connectors you'll be able to get from pretty much any distributor, the other one I have no idea who even carries them now :)

The rectangler connector is a 300 ohm twin lead connector.
antenna_rabbitear_old.jpg

This is the best example I could find without diging for hours on the internet.
Yours looks like it was used as part of a wall plate set for 300 ohm twin lead many many years ago. You may never find these connectors any more.

Last edited:
The din speaker connectors are also vary old but still avalible to some extent. Google "DIN speaker connector"

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back