Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Universal 40-PIN ZIF Socket Programming Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnHappy

Please share schematic and PCB layout for Universal 40-PIN ZIF Socket Programming Module to be used with PICKIT2/ICD2

Please share schematic and PCB layout for Universal 40-PIN ZIF Socket Programming Module to be used with PICKIT2/ICD2

Schematic will vary depending on family and individual PICs.

I need the help to program PIC16F877A & 18F4550. All suggestions on how to wire them with pin numbers and any other requirements are welcome

I need the help to program PIC16F877A & 18F4550. All suggestions on how to wire them with pin numbers and any other requirements are welcome

Go to the Microchip web site and look up the data sheets for the two chips. Under pin description you will find the pins that need to be connected to the PICkit2. Lots of other information there, by the way.

Go to the Microchip web site and look up the data sheets for the two chips. Under pin description you will find the pins that need to be connected to the PICkit2. Lots of other information there, by the way.

Dear friend just one last query is it possible to connect those pins directly to the PICKIT2 and program without any additional circuit or power supply

Here's one that should work with 12F, 16F, and 18F DIP parts. I designed it to use a ZIF socket or three 20-pin single-in-line machined pin sockets.

pic-programming-sockets-jpg.12798

Now if you take those two diagrams and flip the 08-20 connector 180 degrees and use a separate cable for the 08-20 devices and the 28-40 devices you could use a single 40-pin ZIF for all (just like melabs ZIF-40 adapter). Please note that while the silkscreen shows 08-18 it's actually good for 08-20.

Regards, Mike

zif-40a-jpg.6190

Nice one Mike.May be i could have some switches and remove the extra ziff sockets that i am using and also add 12F,16f capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back