Unicorn GLCD demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you please explain me how Putchar works, i cannot get the small font you posted working properly

The characters are not readable , i think it needs some modification in the display function, but don't know what should be modified.

I don't have time right now or the setup to test it but, hopefully, I should be able to get around to it in the next few days.

Mike.

Hi Guys,

I am using this GLCD library (found on CCS forum) and it is working fine. But could I know, how can I change the font size from 8x5 to 32x20(or bigger than this). In order to do that I reckon, the other functions also need to be modified.

I got one function PutChar32x20 and I got the font for numeric value but I haven't got the alphabetic font for this function.Where Can I find the bigger font? I have tried yo use mickroElektronica GLCD font creator but output is completely different than the expected.

I have attached fonts_glcd and GLCD for your reference. I would also like mention that I .

Help is appreciated.
Cheers

Attachments

• fonts_GLCD.h
    5.1 KB · Views: 324
  • GLCD.c
    16.8 KB · Views: 339
  • GLCD.h
    1.8 KB · Views: 360
Hello folks,

I have changed the size of font from 8x5 to 32x20 and everything working perfect. I have attached all the related file.

What I have done with the font of 8x5 size:

1. The code for Digit 1 is
0xFF,0xBD,0x80,0xBF,0xFF,0x55,0x55, // 49 1

2. As Mike mentioned in post #345 https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/unicorn-glcd-demo.30617/ that
The first character is the left hand column with the LSB at the top of the column. They're also stored inverted.
so the hex code for Digit 1 looks like as below:

1 1 0 1 1

1 0 0 1 1

1 1 0 1 1

1 1 0 1 1

1 1 0 1 1

1 1 0 1 1

1 0 0 0 1

1 1 1 1 1

3. write first bit 4 times in a row and column.

4. Final code will look like.

5. The PutChar32x20 and PutMessage32x20 functions are defined to print the character on the display.

Cheers

Attachments

• fonts_GLCD.h
    21.9 KB · Views: 326
  • GLCD.c
    18.1 KB · Views: 358
  • GLCD.h
    1.9 KB · Views: 339
  • photo (19).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 364
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…