Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Under sea water 50 meter distance measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashokb

Hi All,
I need to be able to measure distance underwater between points with a distance of 50 meter . So I'm thinking something as simple as a sonar should work. One sends a ping the other one receives it and replies back. Can anybody recommend any circuit design solution can use?
OR
any other solution.Please suggest

Thanks,
Ashok

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 173
You need a pair of underwater-rated ultrasonic transducers.

The cheapest I've found so far are replacements for depth finders, eg.

The rest of the circuitry should generally be similar to an above-water ultrasonic distance finder or remote control etc., just with a different frequency.

There are lots of DIY versions of those online, but many appear to be untested so I can't recommend any specific one to base things on..

Hi
Thanks for reply.
We are developing custom board 8 TX Channels and one RX channel.
so suggest me any reference design or any ic part number suitable our application.

Thanks,
Ashok

How accurate does the distance measurement need to be? Precision will require compensation for changes in sound velocity with temperature and salinity.
What frequency will you use?
Is this a school/college project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back