Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to get current

Status
Not open for further replies.

momo36

hi, i would like to habe current from 3 bit . the first bit 40 microA, second bit 20microA and the last bit 10microA. Attached is my circuit design but i am unable to get the current as required. Any want able to help?

Attachments

• DAC2.asc
    2.6 KB · Views: 224
  • cmosedu_models.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 221
  • Switchable_Current_Source.asc
    1.2 KB · Views: 229
hi
I get missing models errors with the asc files.
This image shows that the VOUT label is NOT connected.
E

Attachments

• A09.gif
    A09.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 225
  • A10.gif
    A10.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 234
hi 36,
I have tried again, downloaded all your files, still cannot get it to open, missing model error.

Look a this image, move the VOUT label on your circuit so it is the same as image, else it is NOT connected.

E

Attachments

• A03.gif
    A03.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 229
Hi momo,

What DAC are you using?

If you want to sum currents and produce a corresponding voltage out put (so that you can measure the total current), the usual way is to use a current-summing, virtual-earth amplifier (transimpedance amplifier). The transfer function is Vout = -Iin* R23.

UPDATE: The current inputs to the circuit below are the current outputs from the DACs (should be 3 not 4 as shown).

2016_11_05_Iss1_ETO_CURRENT_SUMMING_AMP_VER1.png

Last edited:
hi 36,
I have combined and redrawn your asc file, it now runs for me.
Is the image showing the result you are expecting.?
E

Attachments

• A04.gif
    A04.gif
    76.2 KB · Views: 230
  • DAC2m.asc
    5.4 KB · Views: 256
hi ericgibbs,

thanks for ur help. i would like to have current where bit 1 40micro second bit 20 micro and third bit 10 micro

hi ericgibbs,
thanks for ur help. i would like to have current where bit 1 40micro second bit 20 micro and third bit 10 micro

Hi,
Do you mean like this plot.?
E

Attachments

• A04.gif
    A04.gif
    44.9 KB · Views: 236
  • DAC2m2.asc
    5.4 KB · Views: 224
i mean bit one has current of 40 microA, bit 2 has current of 20 micro A and bit 3 has current of 10 micro ampere

hi,
You did say 40micro second.
I will look at the problem later.

You may find this option for setting the Bits useful for testing, Set the Bits by using the SW SET = 1 or 0

E

Attachments

• A05.gif
    A05.gif
    38.1 KB · Views: 223
  • DAC2m3.asc
    5.7 KB · Views: 211
hi,
Which node/component of the circuit are you wanting to measure the current thru.?

i wanted to measure the Iout current for bit 1 bit 2 and bit 3

hi,
You have 3 identical circuits, as drawn each circuit is able to source a current of ~ 50uA
The only parameter that will change with different Bit patterns is Vout.

Is this a College assignment or an actual circuit you are designing.
E

Attachments

• A01.gif
    A01.gif
    40.8 KB · Views: 211
Hi

Mouse over each output wire (the cursor will change to a current probe icon), then press ALT-Click.
The measurement will display in the waveform pane.

Or

You can use a voltage source as a current meter. Place it in series with each output wire and set its value to zero.
Then mouse over the voltage source and click. The measurement will display in the waveform pane

I changed the trans time to 10uS. I also dded wire labels to example B for clarity.

See attached.

Attachments

• CurrentMeasB.png
    CurrentMeasB.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 214
  • CurrentMeasA.png
    CurrentMeasA.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
hi
I get missing models errors with the asc files.
This image shows that the VOUT label is NOT connected.
E

Open the Switchable_Current_Source.asc file. Then from the Hierarchy menu, select "Open this sheets symbol".
The symbol will be auto created and placed in the current folder.

hi 36,
This is one option to get a 10uA,20uA,40uA current for 3 Bits.
Note I have labelled the Bit's MSB,Bit1,LSB.
E

Attachments

• A02.gif
    A02.gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 230
  • A03.gif
    A03.gif
    44.1 KB · Views: 207
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips