Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic Vibrating Mesh Technology (VMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ydewit

Does anyone has any knowledge or info on ultrasonic vibrating mesh technology (VMT)? And how to use it with an arduino board or something like that?

This is similar to atomization of liquids using an ultrasonic piezoelectric transducer to produce a dry fog, but requires (or so it seems) much less power and are much more precise in the diameter of the water droplets. To achieve that they use a mesh that is covered by conic holes. The transducer vibrates the liquid which is in contact with the mesh. The liquid escapes through the mesh generating a uniform droplet.

This technology is being used in medical applications to deliver medicines to the lungs and can be small and be driven by regular batteries. I also saw it being used in USB humidifiers and electronic cigarettes. I am interested in using this same technology to feed root in a counter top aeroponics system.

Some links:
Nebulizer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Horn array emitter - Patent 6925187
espacenet — Bibliographic data
**broken link removed**

The problem is that it is very hard to find these components (mainly from what seems to be shady chinese companies) and there is very little info that could help me create a small and precise fogger (my forte is not electronics since I come from software).

Here is a company that sells something like this:

**broken link removed**

This seems to come with the driving circuit and has a few specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back